Sunday, November 30, 2014

Wildflower's- An Alice Bonus



I really love Alice in Wonderland, so when a last minute spot opened up for this swap I jumped on it.  Unfortunately the Post Office lost my return set of cards, so I decided to make a bonus Alice card for anybody who would be willing to send me a copy of their card.  

One of the tough things about doing an Alice in Wonderland card is coming up with something fresh and new.  So many of the characters and images have been done by other card makers; therefore, I really wanted to try and pick something that might not have been done before. When I found this quote from the original Disney movie, I knew it would be perfect. 

I am in so many swaps right now and am struggling to pull my cards together, so I needed a relatively easy design for this card. Ranger Alcohol inks are my secret weapon when I am short on time!  They have the ability to make any stamp come alive.  For this card I used four colors of alcohol inks that you might find in nature and I stamped my image on top.  Next, I sprayed a frame layer with Dylusions Ink Spray and glued the layers together with a glue stick.  I really liked the way this card turned out.  I did finish the back; but, due to time constraints I was not able to carve a new Alice stamp for the back.  I recycled one of my stamps from my "What Key" card. 




No comments:

Post a Comment