Sunday, October 12, 2014

Harry Potter and a Hot Girl

For my Harry Potter cards I wanted to do something different.  There have been so many Harry Potter swaps and I was afraid my image may have been done before in a more traditional manner.  

I broke the alcohol inks out and decided to make this showdown between Harry and Valdemort appear like it occurred in the middle of a color run.  I used three colors of inks to make the background for this image and I also used distress inks in Orange Marmalade to make the orange mat layer.  Plain black paper was used for the outer frame and lastly I painted the entire card in Ranger Distress Crackle Paint in hard rock candy to give it a more crackly effect.  I was pretty happy with how these cards turned out and can't wait to see the rest of the cards from this swap!


A few friends talked me into signing up for the Babes tracker at the last minute, so I did not have a lot of time to pull this card together.  I needed an easy peasey carve so I could spent more time working on the card itself.  

I decided to customize my paper for this card by using distress paint in black soot for the outer frame.  The inner frame was made using salty ocean distress ink.  I used a blending tool to make the blue background and then stamped a polka dot rubber stamp on top of that in the same color to create a cool handmade background to highlight my hand carved stamp.

Next, I stamped my babe using versa fine ink and colored her dress and tattoo with a Prisma marker.  I gave her some shimmery eye shadow using a clear stardust gelly roll pen and added a fabric flower to her hair.  

For the final touch I carved the words "Hey Daddy-O!" and stamped them on some red paper, then layered them on top of the card.  

With the final touches done, my babe was ready to mail out and I was happy to check this card off of my to do list.  Producing a card in one week can be very stressful!  




No comments:

Post a Comment