Thursday, October 30, 2014

Bloodless Halloween




I listed a last minute Halloween swap: Bloodless Halloween just because I desperately wanted to carve these images.  I found them on a blog called Uncle Ernie's Creature Ink.  The artwork is by Ernie Kwiat.  

I colored this image in with Tim Holz distress markers and mounted it on a mustard colored patterned paper.  After that I painted it with Ranger distress paint  in clear rock candy and finally I used mini round blending tool to blend in some black soot distress ink over the outer edges of the card.  

All in all, I was happy with how this card turned out.  I enjoyed making it so much that I made several extras and sent five copies out in Marjorie's Potpourri for October. I can't wait to see my suprise cards from that tracker!  I really love the MP trades because they are like the box of chocolates in Forest Gump. You never know what you are going to get!  Often times I get cards from swaps I wanted to join, but, was not able to so it can be a fun suprise to get those cards in this monthly swap.

No comments:

Post a Comment