Sunday, November 2, 2014

In The Trenches




I created this card for a Mod swap in which you had to use Mod Podge in the construction of the card.  I have always wanted to carve an image with rain, so this was the perfect swap to carve a "rain" image.  

I used water colors to paint this image and added a black mat frame.  A Dymo label maker was used to emboss the word "Valor" on a piece of tape which was then added to the bottom of the card.  Keeping with the rules of the swap I painted the whole card in glossy Mod Podge to add that glistening rain effect to the card.

For the back of the card I layered another piece of paper and stamped the image of a soldier smoking a cigarette to tie the front and back of the card together. 

I'm not the best at watercolors as it is a relatively new technique to me; but, this card provided a great opportunity for me to practice my skills.  If there has been something you have wanted to try or get better at, I want to encourage you to go for it!  The only way to improve is through practice.  You might not be thrilled with your first few attempts; however, if you keep at it you just might master the skill and add another technique to your arsenal to create more fantastic pieces of artwork down the road. 

No comments:

Post a Comment