Monday, November 24, 2014

Delivering Justice



When I saw this image I knew I had to use it for a card, so when I saw the Seven Virtues tracker I knew I had to carve it.  I decided to call the card "Delivering Justice" as Batman is delivering his own brand of Justice to the Joker in a fierce and powerful way. 

I used Tim Holtz Distress markers and a gray Prisma marker to color this card in.  I played around with coloring it quite a bit and settled on two versions that I really liked, so I decided to do both.  The front of the card is a more bold rendition while the back of the card is more streamlined and pared down.  I covered the front of the card in mat Mod Podge which turned out to be a mistake.  Mod Podge is a water based glue and the distress markers are also water based which caused them to bleed a bit.  It did not completely ruin the card; however, it is somewhat noticable.  Lesson learned.


No comments:

Post a Comment