Friday, January 16, 2015

Firefly


I joined a Wendonverse tracker hosted by Aiphid simply because I saw the list of participants and could not resist a swap with such awesome card makers.  For this swap you had to make a card based on the work of Joss Whendon.  He has done a lot of work that has rendered a cult like following; but, there was nothing I was taken with or all that familiar with.  

At first I decided to do a Toy Story card; however, I found one of his TV shows on Netflix and decided to check it out.  From that moment on o became an official Firefly fangirl.  I was devastated to realize this incredibly awesome show only lasted one measly season.  Seriously how does this stuff happen in TV land???

I quickly abandoned my Toy Story idea in favor of a Firefly card.  Once I had my stamps carved I set out to may my LTC's.  I struggled quite a bit making this card.  I kept wanting to color it in fully;  but, I hated the way it looked. After trying several ideas, I decided to phone a friend for help.  I got a few suggestions and played around with the card some more and came up with the final version in the pictures.  I used a little bit of a Tim Holtz distress ink and a blending tool to add a slightly more distressed look to the patterned paper and I used one his his distress makers to highlight some of the words.  Add a couple of gears and another patterned paper to frame the cards and you have a LTC!  

No comments:

Post a Comment