Thursday, January 15, 2015

Funny Story


I joined a swap where we had to create a card based on a funny story.  It turned out to be a really fun swap filled with all kinds of stories that made me laugh.  

Here is the story behind this card...

Once upon a time, not so very long ago (August 2014), Sharkboy returned from summer vacation with his dad's family with a collection of bags that needed to be unpacked. If I don't unpack bags right away I don't unpack them for at least six months, so I have learned the hard way that I must unpack all bags immediately for the sake of my sanity and good housekeeping. I very quickly enlisted Sharbkoys help with this task and in no time at all I was holding up one item after another asking "Clean or not clean?". He begrudgingly obliged me; but, when we got to a swimsuit he started to say "Not clean"...then he stopped himself mid sentence and said very matter of factly"Oh, it doesn't matter because that is a bathing suit." ME: *sputtering* *disbelief* *was this child raised with wolves on a surrogate planet*. "Um, it absolutely DOES matter!!!!!!" Dead serious he ignores my blatant display of horror and disbelief and says "No, you don't need to wash them because they go in the water." *SIGH*... We had a very serious talk about why Swim suits need to vow washed after each wear which included eye rolling and some not very well thought out arguments on his behalf. The end verdict was swimsuits DO get washed! I love this story; but, in order to make a not sucky card, I had to find something cool to carve and then it hit me, one of my most favorite albums from high school was Sonic Youth's Washing Machine album. I very happily based my card on that and was pretty happy with how it came out even though it is a pretty basic card. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment