Sunday, January 18, 2015

What Key? An Alice In Wonderland LTC


I absolutely love Alice in Wonderland and was thrilled when a last minute spot opened up in this swap.  With little time to carve a stamp and create a card I decided to look for really cool rubber stamp images and find one I could carve.  When I found the image of Alice reaching up for a key it looked really unique, so I decided to try carving it.  It's not a huge stamp; but, it took FOREVER to carve due to all the little cuts that had to be made.  I also had to find the image of a keyhole and key to go with the Alice stamp; but, they were pretty easy to find and carve.  

For the outer layer I used black paper and coated it with Tim Holts Black Soot Crackle paint for a cool textured effect.  For the inner layer of paper, I covered the paper in two different Tim Holtz distress stains (broken china and peackock feathers) and then I sprayed it with Dylusions spray ink in White Linen to tone it down a bit.  Next I stamped a really cool damask type rubber stamp on top in black to make a really cool custom made background paper.  

I very carefully cut Alice out (omg this took eons to do for the whole set of cards) and colored her in with Tim Holtz distress markers.  For the keyhole I used a blending tool and some Tim Holtz distress ink in Victorian Velvet to to color the paper and cut that out as well.  I glued both Alice and the key hole down with a glue stick and used the key stamp for the back of the card.  

This was a very time consuming card to make for a last minute sign up.  I loved the way it turned out in the end though so it was totally worth the effort.  

No comments:

Post a Comment