Sunday, September 7, 2014

27- The Completed LTC

I really struggled with the design for this card.  My first concept was to do something in bright colors and include shading with paints; but, I am just beginning to learn how to shade and paint, so I was not able to make my design come to life.  I reinvented the card three more times before I settled on the final design.  I have mixed feelings about this card.  I do like the end design; but, it will always be the card that never was for me because I could not make the image in my mind translate to paper.  In the end I used water colors to paint the background and used distress inks to stamp the image.  It's kind of hard to see in the photo's; but, I cut thin strips of paper to use as a border on two sides of the image. Finally I carved Kurt Cobain's signature and embossed it in black embossing powders onto black paper.  For the back of the card I carved a stamp of six amazing artist who are considered to be part of the "27 Club".  They all died at the age of 27.  I don't know what heaven is like; but, I sure do hope these people will be there.  They all left us far too soon; yet, their music lives on and continues to inspire us in new ways.  Art never dies.  The creators may leave us; but, their artwork takes flight and continues on to such great heights. 


2 comments:

  1. I really like the way it turned out and love the back of the card. I understand how you feel about the image in your mind not translating to the card. It happens, don't beat yourself up. Great job!
    oceanwinds

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thx! I spent a lot of time working on this card. I'm working on my shortcomings and hopefully at some point I will be able to do more in the area of painting and shading. It's a learning process and I enjoy it even when things don't quite work out.

    ReplyDelete