Sunday, September 28, 2014

Corpse Bride LTC

I absolutely love Halloween.  It is easily my most favorite day of the year, so I was so excited when a last minute spot opened up in a Halloween swap. I did not have much time to pick a subject, carve and create a card so I decided to go with a Corpse Bride theme.  I am a huge Tim Burton fan and never get tired of carving his work.  

For this card I made a tripple layered mat and added a fourth layer of the cut out stamped image.  For the mat I used coordinating paper from a paper book.  I know those $20 books look so expensive ; but, if you use a coupon you can buy them for a decent price and to be honest the paper is usually a lot nice than the loose card stock. Also the paper almosr always coordinates well with other sheets in the book, so that helps take the guess work out of things.  

I colored parts of the stamp with Prisma, Marvey and Distress markers.  It took forever and reminded me how much I hate coloring.  Finally I cut heart shapes out with my Cricut and painted them with Black Soot Crackle paint.  Even though the card took forever to make, I wouldn't change a thing.  I'm hoping next year to get in a swap much earlier and go with a more intricate carve. Hard 

No comments:

Post a Comment