Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Spotlight On Ninjahara

I recently swapped cards with a new favorite letterboxer Ninjahara and I wanted to showcase one of my favorite LTC's made by her.  The card is from the April Fool's Quicke Stamp swap entitled "Go Directly To Jail"  When I first saw the card my mind immediately went to one of my favorite childhood games, Monopoly.  It looked just like the cards from the game except this one includesd a hand carved stamp!  

Ninjahara is a relatively new LTC maker who has been making cards since about February of 2014.  She carves with a gouge on the pink stuff and much like myself enjoys all aspects of letterboxing from hitting the trails for traditional finds to meeting new people at events to learning new techniques for card making.  

I think the thing I like best about her Monoloply card is how simple yet, striking the card is.  She picked just the right shade of orange for the paper and managed to print the words in perfect proportion to the stamp.  The compostion could not have been better!   The end result was the perfect rendition of an iconic piece of American pop culture.  Bravo to Ninjahara!  

No comments:

Post a Comment