Monday, February 2, 2015

Spotlight on Musicpals


Musicpals created a really great card for a Tim Holtz swap that I really loved.  As soon as I saw this card I knew I just had to Spotlight it.  The base of the card was made using Tim Holtz alcohol inks on glossy card stock.  Next, a rubber stamp of music notes was stamped on top to create a lovey custom made paper.  Finally a hand carved piano stamp was stamped onto the custom paper to create a very moving card entitled "Music Frenzy".  

Musicpals is a music teacher and musician by trade; however, that craft has left little time to develop other artistic talents, so when she discovered letterboxing it was a match made in heaven!  Having another creative outlet to develop and fine tune can be incredibly rewarding and Debbie has really brought her talents to the table with letterbox trading cards.  In recent months she has been focusing on the multi media aspect of card making and while she feels like she still has a lot to learn, I have to admit I really look forward to her cards because they are so well composed!  Her compostion skills are clearly not limited to just music!  

No comments:

Post a Comment