Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Winters Bone


When I found this image I instantly fell in love with it; but, I also found it intimidating to carve.  To be honest I was not entirely sure I could pull it off.  I decided to go for it anyway.  I did miss some of the details; but, overall I was able to get enough detail into the stamp to render a likeness close enough to the original image to satisfy me.

The swap I used this for was a challenge to really make a card that was all about the stamp, so embellishments had to be to a minumim at most.  I used a Tim Holtz distress stain to color the paper and stamped my image on top.  After that I used a Tim Holtz distress ink in a green shade to blend the edges of the image  and sort of color in the trees.  For the last step I used a black sharpie to line the edges of the card and create a frame for the image.  My only regret with this card is that I did not use a new or newly reinked ink pad to stamp my image.  

1 comment:

  1. I like it with the lighter ink. A solid image would detract from the feeling of it. Very nice! :)

    ReplyDelete